BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Respiratory Care week!

Greetings to all! So this week has been pretty tiring. I am feeling the drag of the semester, but trying to not complain and suck it up and finish this out strong. Its crazy to think that this program is already done, and we will be graduating soon. I remember starting the program and thinking that two years would take forever, and now that I look back it has flown right past me.So with that being said, this week for us RT's is "Respiratory Care Week". I just wanted to basically say that I am so happy that I changed my major, from nursing (not knocking nursing) to Respiratory. It really has opened my eyes to a whole side of patient care that I have never experienced. I have been working in a hospital since I was 15 yrs, old in a small unit in a local hospital, till now working in intensive care units, shock trauma units, regular adult floors, and soon to be NICU and PICU. I am very proud of what I do, and every day I think about people who will never get to experience what I do, people who will never experience the highs of bringing someone back to life, watching your patient get better, or just knowing you have met the emotional needs of your patient. There are times where I feel overwhlemed with sadness by seeing what some of my patient's and their families go through, but it keeps you grounded and reminds you of the important things in life.I feel like our profession as a whole does not get the credit we deserve, and I hope to see that change as time goes on. So, with that being said, Happy Respiratory Care week to all the RT's past, present, and future. So bust out your ambu bags, your crash carts, stethoscopes, and ventilators and get to work lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment