BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Makeup series

I have decided to start a makeup series for beginner's just a few of my tips and tricks. I had intended to do a beginner eye makeup application post but I had a few brushes that needed some washing so I decided to just go ahead and start with how to care for your brushes. When it comes to doing makeup on myself or for a wedding or anyone else its so important to keep your brushes clean. A rule of thumb is clean them once a week for face brushes and spot clean eye shadow brushes after use. MAC has an awesome spot cleaner for brushes which I use, and I am running low so I need to make a trip over to MAC. Frequent cleaning of brushes is necessary to prevent break outs from face brushes and a MUST for eyeshadow brushes seeing as there is nasty little bacteria in your eye(ewww). The parts of a brush include the brush itself made our of synthetic,sable or goat hair, the ferrell which is the connector between the hair and the handle, and the handle. Something very important to remember is when running your brush under warm water hold the brush at a downward angle, if water gets into the ferrell the water will loosen the ferrell and the handle in time will become loose and possibly fall off...something I had to learn the hard way. So lets get to it!
Step one: After spritzing your brush with spot cleaner run it at a downward angle under warm water
Step two: Squirt a quater size amount of shampoo( i like johnson and johnson lavendar something or other) in your hand and keeping your brushes in the upside down position rotate to create a lather.
Step three: After creating a lather squeeze excess shampoo from brush and run under warm water till no more shadow, or foundation comes off the brush or until the water runs clear again. ** Keep the brush at an angle!!!
Step four: After water runs clear simply reshape brush and lay flat on a towel, dont place brushes upright to dry.
Step five: Voila you are done! They take overnight to dry so plan ahead if you know you will need them clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment